Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M-F
$5000 sign-on bonus. Candidates must meet eligibility requirements.
Full-Time position for CHT in Outpatient Clinic Setting.
Assess and plan treatment programs for patients relevant to physical dysfunction and implement by direct or delegated care as ordered by physician. Serve as a professional care provider, educator, consultant and coordinator.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Adolescence (12-18 years), Young Adult (19-40 years), Middle Adult (40-65 years), and Mature Adult (65 years and older)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages clinical case load for designated team.
2. Able to manage a patient load larger than expected for a Therapist II, while still completing the other responsibilities.
3. Complete all patient documentation and enter charges for services provided. EF
4. May be responsible for functioning as chair of a program or research initiative.
5. Identifies and recommends process improvement opportunities within the department. Collects and reviews quality metrics for department analytics.
6. Supervise those treatment delegated to PTAs and technicians. EF
7. Cooperate / collaborate with members of the medical treatment staff regarding clients current treatment, progress and discharge planning. EF
8. Responsible for staff training and development and expansion of services. EF
9. Demonstrates ICARE Values. EF
10. Demonstrates Service PRIDE Standards. EF
11. Follows all safety rules on the job. EF
12. Perform other job duties as assigned. EF
Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy approved by the Council of Medical Education in collaboration with the American Occupational Therapy Association.
Must meet competency requirements outlined for position.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE, AND REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:
Current licensure with the Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners.
Certification from an appropriate accredited organization, or have involvement in research projects..
Current CPR Certification
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Mastery in clinical skills differentiation.
Demonstrates good communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to act as a clinical instructor, and provide training to students on clinical rotations.
Ability to function as an internal mentor within the department.
Effectively manages professional relations with physicians and is an integral part of the patient care delivery team.
Developing ability to manage clinical case load of designated team.
Demonstrates good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Work and Excel programs.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Clear Lake Hospital brings the expertise and compassionate care of Houston Methodist Hospital in The Texas Medical Center - a national Honor Roll hospital - to Bay Area communities. The hospital provides a broad spectrum of adult medical and surgical care, is an accredited chest pain center, and is also acute stroke-ready designated through DNV. Houston Methodist Clear Lake Hospital offers many inpatient and outpatient services including 3-D mammography and other state-of-the-art imaging, labor and delivery with a level II neonatal ICU, Cancer Center of Excellence, advanced laparoscopic surgery, comprehensive orthopedics and sports medicine, neurology, urology and otolaryngology. Also, Houston Methodist Clear Lake Hospital is honored to be the only hospital in the bay area to have a Grade A rating from Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grading.