SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Work Schedule: Full-Time Days
We are currently offering a SIGN ON BONUS OF UP TO $5,000 for eligible candidates!
About Medical City of Fort Worth
Medical City of Ft. Worth is a 320 bed MAGNET facility located in the heart of Fort Worth. Medical City Healthcare serves as a tertiary referral center not only for Tarrant County, but also numerous counties within a 90 mile radius.
Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI
Accredited AMI Program
Accredited Comprehensive Stroke Center
Cardiovascular Center of Excellence
Magnet Re-designation December 2015
Under the supervision of the Director of Cardiology and the Nurse Supervisor of the Cardiac Catheterization Lab, assists physicians during cardiac cath lab procedures in a circulating and/or scrubbing role. Patient care functions will be preformed in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in a manner consistent with the mission and goals of the organization. Provides patient education of cath lab procedures.
Please see the CNE Message, that our ECNO, Dr. Zach Mueller, was so gracious to record for us.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supports the HCA Code of Conduct. Demonstrates behaviors consistent with organization mission and goals.
- Ensures patient/personal safety by maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment and adhering to Safety Program and Infection Control Programs.
- Supports hospital and departmental Performance Improvement Goals.
- Demonstrates and promotes Medical City Fort Worth s Excellence Always values:
Contributes to the organization s three indicators of success:
- You First
Demonstrates desirable work habits and promotes personal growth and professionalism in the work environment.Use therapeutic communication in daily practiceMaintain a safe and therapeutic OR and pre-surgical area environmentImplement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual OR patientsEvaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process
- Exceptional Clinical Quality
- Unparalleled Service
- Consistent Earnings Outperformance
Education and Training Experience Required
- Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing with a minimum of Bachelors of Science in Nursing Required. Associates may be considered upon initial hire, however completion of, or enrollment in a bachelor s program within one year of hire required for employment.
- 1-year experience in the OR preferred. CNOR experience preferred
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- RN with current licensure or RN with temporary permit to practice from the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
- Current BCLS certification
- Current ACLS certification
Associated topics: ccu, coronary, domiciliary, infusion, psychatric, recovery, registered nurse, staff nurse, surgery, tcu