Primary Location: TX > THE WOODLANDS > ST LUKE WOODLANDS
The Woodlands Hospital A primary and secondary care hospital serving North Harris and Montgomery counties. Clinical services include cardiovascular services, diagnostic imaging, women's services (digital mammography and bone density studies), neurosciences, pediatric care (Newborn and Level II nurseries) and surgery, pathology and pulmonary services, and sleep disorders. Clinical affiliations include The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center's Radiation Treatment Center, and Texas Children's Hospital.
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That's what you'll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You'll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we'll create healthier, stronger communities. Imagine your career at Catholic Health Initiatives!
Responsible for the delivery of excellence in patient care through assessing, formulating nursing diagnoses and establishing goals, planning and implementing intervention and evaluating patient care outcomes. With the staff nurse's professional practice he/she Responsible for participating in and maintaining quality, cost effectiveness and guest relations. Provide patient care in compliance with hospital policies and procedures and the standards of professional nursing practice as defined by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
1. Utilizes the nursing process to ensure appropriate patient care is provided in a cost effective, quality driven, and patient focused manner. Collects pertinent social, psychological, developmental and spiritual data from the patient, significant others and other health care team members.
2. Performs as ongoing assessment, formulates nursing diagnosis and goals, plans appropriate interventions, and evaluates the outcome of the interventions.
3. Consistently documents in the patient and unit records according to written health system standards of care in order to meet legal and quality patient care requirements.
4. Provides appropriate teaching and information to patients and families including information on Pain Management, Nutrition, Skin Integrity, Fall prevention, Diabetes, Disease Process, Smoking Cessation, and Discharge instructions.
5. Demonstrates commitment to the goals and values of the patient, Hospital, community and nursing profession through cost containment measures, maintaining confidentiality, appropriate ethical decision -making, and ensuring patient safety.
6. Uses interventions substantiated by research as appropriate in the patient population, participates in research activities, identifies opportunities for research, and collaborates with the Outcomes managers and department.
7. Participates in quality of care activities, evaluates the quality and the effectiveness of nursing practice. Assists in collecting quality data, analyzes the data, and formulates action plans to improve quality care.
Associates Degree Required
Registered Nurse (RN)
Based on location assignment may also require BLS/ACLS/ and or PALS
Age Specific CompetenciesAll Age Groups - Birth and above Sitting Up to 30% Standing Greater than 50% Walking Greater than 50% Pushing Greater than 50% Pulling Greater than 50% Twisting Greater than 50% Climbing NoneBalancing Up to 30% Kneeling Up to 30% Crawling None Reaching Greater than 50% Grasping Greater than 50% Stooping Greater than 50% Bending None Driving None Repetitive Movements NoneLifting up to 10lbs Greater than 50% Lifting 11 - 20 lbs Up to 30% Lifting 21 - 50lbs None Lifting 51 - 100lbs None Lifting greater than 100lbs 12 Carrying up to 10lbs Greater than 50% Carrying 11 - 20 lbs Up to 30% Carrying 21 - 50lbs None Carrying 51 - 100lbs None Carrying greater than 100lbs None Exposure to dust, fumes, odors None Exposure to extreme heat or cold None Work near moving parts None Risk of electrical shock None Uneven terrain None Heights None Radiation None Chemicals None Toxic Waste None
Requisition ID: 2019-R
Shift: Night Job
Market: CHI St. Luke's Woodlands Hospital
Associated topics: care unit, domiciliary, hospice, intensive, intensive care, nurse, registered nurse, staff nurse, surgical, unit
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.